Cathy Andrews
Cathy Andrews
  • Marion, NC

How can I remove white stains from my oak table?

She's Crafty! Hometalk HelperShirley HeikkinenMarcia Lazenby
+3

Have tried every tip given and nothing works.
  • 4ti22686068

Cathy,
    Get a towel and fold it over the stain. Iron the towel, back and forth a few times and the stain will disappear.

• Cathy Andrews

Never heard that one...gonna try it!

• Patty Brummett

A hair blow dryer. I was doing sisters dishes, picked up the sprayer and water sprayer across the room on to her gorgeous table. We googled remedies for white water spots. It said the water spots were in the wax. We used the blow dryer and the spots disappeared! Magic!
  • Marcia Lazenby

i have used ash from cigar/wood stove....make a paste with something like cooking oil ..and let it sit over nite..

• Shirley Heikkinen

Have you tried Mayonnaise? I had set a plant on our brand new end table. When I moved it after the holidays there was a white ring. I put a glob, probably three tablespoons, on a clean lint free cloth, rubbed it in thoroughly all over the white ring. Wiped off the excess with another clean lint free cloth, and there was no sign of the ring at all.
  • If the finish is shellac, use denatured alcohol on a soft rag. Gone like magic.