Julia
Julia
  • Dysart, PA

How can I protect myself from rattlesnakes coming into my yard ?

Mary annPattyHazel Reid Guyton
+3

Its against the law to kill them in pa.,
  • Patricia

There is an article on WikiHow about how to deter rattlesnakes from coming into your yard. http://www.wikihow.com/Rattlesnake-Proof-a-Backyard
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne

Keep weeds down and don't let things pile up around the yard. If they don't have places to hide or prey to hunt, they will keep going. You can also try using moth balls.
  • Terry Young

Moth balls work great for all snakes. If you have roaming animals like chickens, etc., I would keep the moth balls in the plastic and attach it to a tree, etc. the plastic already had holes punched in it. I throw the bags under my wrap around porch and under the shed. I have lattice around it so no harm to the animals. The chicken coop I have stapled the bags to the inside wall, up high enough so they can't get to it. It's deadly if consumed!!!
  • Hazel Reid Guyton

Try some moth bills.
  • Patty

Wooden fence all around your yard. Be careful with moth balls if you have curious pets.
  • Mary ann

is it against the law for them to bite you if you accidentally step near one too?!