L. Risor
L. Risor
  • Mexia, TX

Alzheimer Secure Unit Nursing Retirement Home Mural Makeover

I LOVED painting this retirement community TV room into a pretty comfy home... rather than a cold locked institution...
This supply closet was the center of attention with a little TV mounted above...
I painted a lovely fireplace with pretty decor to divert attention from the closet and TV
The residents are not allowed any thing not bolted down, or they can hurt themselves or others, so I painted things for them
The wall outlet had to be raised leaving an ugly cover, so I painted one into this trompe loeil set of affirmation pictures
I added tiny details like the scroll on the glass of the mantle clock
I added an accent table in the corner with candles for light and books for imagination
I added interest to an otherwise uninteresting place with color and tiny little things like the portrait hung from a nail with ribbon
They couldn't even have curtains without risk of hurting themselves or others, so I painted the widow dressing and reupholstered furniture with more interesting colors and textures
I painted a tromp loeil valance and much more you can see here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.109195822446406.8597.100000679654996&type=3
Even on a cloudy day or at night, above the window is filled with light clouds and lively birds

• Yfa32601713

Wow! It’s the epidmy of visual “Love Language.” My my Dear Mother was an AZ patient. I’m starting a AZ caregivers support blog. Was looking for photos to of bed room decor tondemonstrate the impact of non verbal communication. The sings sweat Melody’s of a loving, comfort environment. I need look no further.
    Yolanda💕
  • Ann

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️