Scary Dresser revived

I was curb shopping last spring clean up when I came upon this dresser. It was scary! I was full of trash and other non recognizable things. It smelled of cigarette smoke badly! I could see it had potential. So all by myself I drug it from the curb and got it into the truck.
It sat in my shop for several months because I kept saying that is gonna be a lot of work!! Finally I decided I couldn't put it off any longer!! I cleaned it all out and scrubbed it down with bleach water. The smell must of aired out because It didn't stink as bad.
I decided the veneer on the sides was really rough and chose to put bead board on the sides. The drawers veneer was in rough shape too so I scraped as much as I could and filled in with wood putty where I could. A whole lot of sanding!
I stripped the top down to rid of the hideous brown paint. Then stained it with dark walnut.
I used chalk paint by American paint company in Fireworks Red. Then used a dark wax over it to give it some depth.
I got the graphic from Graphic Fairy's site. Used my overhead projector and painted the graphic on.
I think if this dresser could talk the stories it could tell! I still have to get knobs for it. I love the way it turned out!!!
Scary!!

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Wpe10373517

Did your chest already have the bead board on it? If not, would you explain how you added it to the sides of chest, so it would fit plush?

• Cassidy R. Scaglione

What brand/color did you use for the red portion?

• Rov34131297

What color of red did you use and where to get it?

• Verna Cote Chaney

100% improvement!! (even from it's original hayday!!) Love everything about it.

• Buzz Perez

Beautifullly redone. I love reviving old furniture that people don't want anymore.