Scary Dresser revived

I was curb shopping last spring clean up when I came upon this dresser. It was scary! I was full of trash and other non recognizable things. It smelled of cigarette smoke badly! I could see it had potential. So all by myself I drug it from the curb and got it into the truck.
It sat in my shop for several months because I kept saying that is gonna be a lot of work!! Finally I decided I couldn't put it off any longer!! I cleaned it all out and scrubbed it down with bleach water. The smell must of aired out because It didn't stink as bad.
I decided the veneer on the sides was really rough and chose to put bead board on the sides. The drawers veneer was in rough shape too so I scraped as much as I could and filled in with wood putty where I could. A whole lot of sanding!
I stripped the top down to rid of the hideous brown paint. Then stained it with dark walnut.
I used chalk paint by American paint company in Fireworks Red. Then used a dark wax over it to give it some depth.
I got the graphic from Graphic Fairy's site. Used my overhead projector and painted the graphic on.
I think if this dresser could talk the stories it could tell! I still have to get knobs for it. I love the way it turned out!!!
scary dresser revived, chalk paint, painted furniture, Scary
Scary!!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 103 comments
Next