Becky Rowland
Becky Rowland
  • Newark, OH

What can I spray to kill weeds that won't kill flowers?

GinnyReianaPatty
+2

• Rob7453153

Just about any weed killer you apply will kill other plants. If you don't think you can pull out the weeds in your flower bed you can try using a piece of cardboard to shield the flowering plant while you spray the weed in each location. Remember early year to use a product that prevents weeds from germinating in the treated area before you plant your flowers.
  • Teresa

You can try this: 1 gal white vinegar, 2 cups Epsom salts, and 1/2c of Dawn (blue ) dish soap. Mix in a garden sprayer. Don't over spray because you don't want to spray your flowers. After sprating, I liked Robeekay's idea of using the cardboard. Or newspaper but lay this on the weeds to block the sunshine. If you mulch, put newspaper, cardboard, or black plastic under the mulch. (You know that a weed is just a flower in the wrong place:). Lol. I have noticed that nobody sells weed seeds to go in our flower beds. Good luck. TeresaC

• Patty

You might choose landscape fabric instead of the black plastic. Water and nutrients can't get thru the plastic. Round up has a new gel product that is easier to apply around flowers.
  • Reiana

Just pull. I do. Too scared to use chemicals. What if my pets licked it or it got on a vegetable. Oh no. Pull
  • Ginny

Your local garden center can probably advise you about what to use.