Jewelry Organizer

I have had all my necklaces in a drawer for years, but this year I realized how many statement necklaces I had that were getting all tangled and messed up by living in this drawer. Even my husband scoffed at my disorganization. That’s when you know you have a problem! I had to make a jewelry organizer.
DIY jewelry organizers are not hard to create, so I went about whipping one up.  I first found an old frame I had lying around, which had been thrifted for another project originally.  I kind of have this pile of random wood pieces that I eventually find a use for.  This project used TWO of those pieces–score!
The frame wasn’t really thick enough to hold hooks for jewelry, so I found a 1×2 in my wood scrap pile and cut two pieces to size to fit in the frame.  They fit perfectly, and I used my nailer to nail them in place.  Any excuse to use that thing, really.
Colors I used–Americana Coral Blush, Americana Metallic in Gold, Americana Sweet Mint.  The colors from the tutorial photos (from my phone) are a little more vivid, the true colors are more like what you saw above.
Next, I used Americana Sweet Mint to paint the entire frame.  It took a couple coats but I wasn’t stressed if it was a good solid coat because I was going to distress it anyway.  After it had dried, I used some washi tape to create a fun Aztec-inspired pattern.  Then I painted over the tape with Decoart metallic gold and Americana Coral Blush.  It took several coats on the metallic gold, but it was worth it because it came out great!

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Honeybear Lane