Kathy
Kathy
  • Racine, WI

What can I do to stop deer from eating my plants?!

Leslie TuttleChristiansoldierJoy Dove
+6

You can try making a mixture of hot pepper and crushed garlic.
  • Jud14316501

We bought a deer spray at Home Depot and it seems to be working on my geraniums. They haven't touched them since we sprayed them.
  • Mac6231

Eat the deer.
  • Norma

I hang old CD's up. The reflecting light keeps them away. Works well with birds too.
  • Paula

Haven't had this problem, but read and saw tutorial on Pinterest using Irish Spring soap. Apparently the lady's neighbors use it too. No more deer or rabbits. No harm to plants or critters. They simply shy away from the strong odor. She grates the bars of soap and sprinkles around the plants. Good luck.
  • Joy Dove

you all have missed the mark! Have a party with lots of beer. Everyone knows human urine will keep them away! Men and women can take turns! Fun and memories!
  • Christiansoldier

Get free hair from your local barber or salon. Spread it around near your plants and the deer will stay away. We've used this for years. Most all barbers or salons will save the hair and give it to you.
  • Leslie Tuttle

I used to hang knee high stockings with a piece of Ivory soap in them on the fence of my vegetable garden. They don't like the smell