How to clean the sticky off wooden kitchen cabinets at the handles?

Por23376712Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CABobbie
+4

Right behind the handles/pulls on my wooden kitchen cabinets, the finish is all gunked up. How do you fix that without refinishing?
  • Shoshana

Murphy's soap is good at getting out stickiness. I'd try that.
  • Janine

Straight white vinegar is awesome. You can also drop the knobs in a container filled with the vinegar and it will clean the knobs also!
  • Nicole Okun

Dab on oil (mineral oil or cooking oil, doesn't matter), let it sit a while to soften the goo, then clean it up with vinegar/water and a little dish detergent added.
  • Janet Steffes

make a paste of bakingsoda and cooking oil put it on and let it sit for 5 minutes thenclean with clean rag and finish with vinegar and water.

• Bobbie

Magic eraser works wonders on that!!
  • After you have cleaned the gunk off, wipe the cabinets down regularly so you do not have a buildup in the future. Makes me happy to live alone, no more grubby stuff to clean all the time. I feel your pain. While you are at it, get everyone in the family to clean one cabinet, maybe they will be neater in the future?
  • Por23376712

The cabinets are clean....this area is where you grab at the knobs/handles ...behind and around them.