The Easiest Way to Clean and Organize Your Fridge
After the cold and yuckiness of winter, the warmer temps makes me want to throw open the windows and give my house a refresh. One of the areas that always needs a little extra attention is my kitchen, specifically the refrigerator. Today, I am going to share how I cleaned and organized my fridge with the help of some dollar store finds!
I bought shelf liners and plastic bins from the dollar store to organize my fridge.
Here is what it looked like when I started. (I know...it's a mess!)
Cleaning Your Fridge:
- Take everything out of the fridge...yes EVERYTHING...and set it on the counter. (ummmm...yes, that is 3 gallons of milk. I have a growing teenage boy!)
- Check the dates and toss anything that is expired (like the grape jelly from 2015...don't judge!)
- Use an All-Purpose cleaner to wipe down all the shelves or a Mr. Clean scrubbing sponge
- Remove the drawers and wash them in the sink with a dish detergent
Line the shelves with plastic shelf liner. (I found this at the Dollar General) The roll I got did three shelves. Use plastic bins to corral smaller items like yogurt/pudding cups, juice boxes, and small condiment jars. I love how clean and organized my fridge is now! I just hope it stays this way!
- Shelf Liner (Dollar General)
- Plastic bins (Dollar Tree)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go