Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Dish Angel - Light up Options

$10

A few dishes, a little glue, and you have a beautiful angel ready for display. I have included a few light up options as well. Good for inside or out.

dish angel light up options
You'll need some dishes similar to these in shape to make the project. I was able to get them very cheap at thrift stores. You'll also need E6000 glue or silicone.
dish angel light up options
These dishes will be your wings. You'll start by gluing the edges together and letting them dry. This won't make them super solid but will help hold them in place for the next step.
dish angel light up options
Put glue on your curved dishes where the vase will be resting on them. After getting the glue ready, place your vase on the glue and curved dishes. I let this one dry for 72 hours to be sure it was cured.
dish angel light up options
If you feel like the wings need more glue after that you can add a little more until you feel they are solid. Once the glue is cured, you should be able to set the vase upright like this.
dish angel light up options
Take your bud vase/candle holder and glue it to the top of the vase and let it dry completely.
dish angel light up options
Optional - glue your "crown" on top. I say optional as when you see the light up options below you might not want to glue it.
dish angel light up options
Once the glue is dry you can leave the angel like this, or you can light it up with some of these options...
dish angel light up options
Place a battery operated candle or timer candle inside the vase. Mine timer candle came from World Market and it turns on at the same time every evening and stays on for about 5-6 hours and then turns off.
dish angel light up options
Place a solar light inside the vase.
dish angel light up options
It'll need to get full sun to recharge every day.
dish angel light up options
This last option is my favorite, and this is the one you would not want to glue the crown on. I have put 2 battery operated LED lights inside the angel. One is in the vase, and one is in the head.
dish angel light up options
They are water proof so they can be used outside.

dish angel light up options
You can find these LED lights here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VUNXEY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dish angel light up options
I'll be making this and more things to pay tribute to those we love on my next episode of Hometalk's Facebook Live Tuesday, May 23rd 7pm EST.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Variety of Dishes  (Thrift Store)
  • E6000  (Walmart)
  • Optional battery operated candle  (Dollar Tree or Timer Candle at World Market)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Patty Wilson

What is the crown made of?
  • Theresa

where did you purchase items, $ store is pretty general
    • Reba Parsons

Dollar Tree, thrift stores, Goodwill stores are a few I can think of. E600 glue can be purchased at Wal-Mart.
    • Chas' Crazy Creations

It is listed in the post where to get the dishes & there is a list at the bottom of the post with what and where. It says "Materials I used for this project:"
      Thrift Stores are where the dishes came from.
      E6000 glue from Walmart
      Candle - World Market
      Solar Light - Dollar Tree
      LED Lights - Amazon with link in post.
  • Kay

What kind of dishes are the wings?
    • Donna Caulfield

Condiment dishes. You put olives or pickles in them.
    • Chas' Crazy Creations

Thanks Donna - I just found them in stacks at the thrift stores. I figured they must be for something like that.
    • Irene

I've seen them advertised also serving mixed nuts.
    • Linda

Sometimes the curved edges sit along the edge of a dinner plate to hold things like chicken bones or shrimp shells.
    • Sandra Smith Koonce

They are often referred to as Bone Dishes.
    • Gle11297932

my mom and aunts used the plates for luncheons
    • Paula Pittinger McNeely

Love this idea!!

• Lori

Love it, making 2 of them for my dads and granddaughters grave site!, heck maybe more for my other grandson, although he's 14...and granddaughter!
    • Vicky

Lori - I thought of that too for my husband's grave but unfortunately they steal even some flower arrangements I've made.
  • Maggie Clough

If head is glued to body how do you get the light in the base?
    • Lizzie Miller

The vase is placed upside down, so the opening of the vase is facing downwards.
    • Chas' Crazy Creations

Lizzie is correct, the vase is upside down
    • Sheryl Gilliland

The vase, (its body) is sitting on its top. Lift body put light on table. the candle holder crown can not be glued down if you want a light in there.

• Jane Gerencser

Do you place it the head on the closed end of the base .so the opened end of the vase would be the bottom of the angel.lift up the angel place light on tabel and angel over top
  • Viv2344461

What a clever idea .
  • Joann G

Very creative! Is there another glue product you've had luck with? I'm allergic to the E6000 smell. Thank you in advance!
    • Chas' Crazy Creations

Hi Joann. I have used silicone as well. It works great for things that might be outside - sometimes better when dealing with weather fluctuation. I'll attach a photo of a silicone I have worked with, you can get it at Walmart.
  • Kathy Davis

where do you find the dishes?
  • Maria Salassidis

Hi there, I loove the project. My question is are you actually using glass plates and vase? Or acrylic??
  • Tdo33953925

Nobudy says how much 6000 use, is it litte dotts or on the hole survice?