Do succulents like Epsom salt as fertilizer?

+7
  • I think you are asking if you can use Epsom salt as food for succulents. You would mix 1 tablespoon of E/salts to one gallon of water and you should give them this once per month and regular water the rest of the time.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 18, 2017
    Epsom salts are a great addition to your succulents to keep them healthy.
  • Rhonda Brooks Rhonda Brooks on May 18, 2017
    Ty Elizabethđź’–
  • Here's one recipe that helps:

1 12-ounce can or bottle of beer
    1 cup of Epsom salts
    1/2 cup of ammonia
    2 cups of water
    1/2 cup of molasses
    mix and store in bottle, no need to refrig. 1tsp per gal when you water.
    to read the whole conversation:
  • Kathy Kathy on May 18, 2017
    Epsom salts will dry out the succulents roots. I have used horse manure tea and cow manure tea. It's less messy when the manure is dry. I put it in cheese cloth and tie it up, then put in water to steep like you would tea. I use the water to feed the succulent. If this is not something you want to do then you can buy a succulent fertilize. Just remember most fertilizers are made with salt so read the label ingredient.
  • I've been having problems growing succulents, i don't know if it's bc it's totally opposite then growing anything else & terms like "abuse ", "neglect" or what, but these especially. I just bought them 1 day ago & they're already dropping leaves?? I'm having trouble with what type of soil, Help!?

• See 2 previous
    • Daniel Fallen Daniel Fallen on Nov 13, 2020

Bonsai jack is a great succulent soil. It drains quit so it's less likely for your succulents to have root rot. I use bonsai jack on any indoor plants that tend to have root rot.

• Kara Kara on Apr 11, 2020

Giving succulents too much water too often will swell their leaves and, if they do not get a chance to dry out, cause them to drop off the plant. Wait until soil is almost completely dry and the leaves look a little limp before watering, then water thoroughly, until you see trickles coming out of the bottom of the pot. Good luck!