How do I dress up this bricked up window?

Kelly-n-TonyDap7615769Kelli
+15

After a house fire, hubby thought it would be great to brick up a window to make space on the interior wall for a massive tv. The bricks were supposed to be set in a herringbone pattern. Now I'm stuck with this hideous eyesore. I am thinking ironwork Wall art and landscaping to blend it in. Any creative suggestions? It is on the back of the house at least.
  • Lora
    Lora

I agree with you. Some kind of wall art, or even some tall landscaping to just cover it up. Although, it probably looks worse to you than to others. :)

• FL
    FL

If you are an artist or have creativity in your blood, could you paint a simple mural?
    • Angela Statz
      Angela Statz

I may try a glass collage on wood to fit. Then I can change it from time to time. I was going to do that to the end of my new kitchen island. I found a stained glass fireplace screen at a yard sale but it was still $$$. Thought I could light it from behind with rope lights.
  • Rhonda Weltz
    Rhonda Weltz

Put up a square trellis and plant either a climbing rose or a plant of your choice.
    Janet Pizaro

how about something like this. www.hometalk.com/3470012/diy-pallet-art
    • Angela Statz
      Angela Statz

The ledge isn't very deep, but if the woof is cut well, it will stick in without adhesive or anchors, I think.
  • Oh goodness! I would go to a salvage yard and find some cool metal piece to add as a focal point of interest. Or buy a nice piece that you like. He got his jumbo tv, you get a nice looking house! It doesn't look terrible and I would treat it as a "frame" for whatever you choose. Have fun!
  • Mom32891
    Mom32891

It looks like you've got the perfect frame for some artwork. If you aren't artistic/don't have painter friends, there are great stencils available on amazon. Could be fun & not to hard to change when you want a different look.
  • Karen H.
    Karen H.

Buy a 4x8 piece of lattice and use it as a trellis for a beautiful clematis or hyacinth vine!
  • Cindy Patrice
    Cindy Patrice

I agree with Naomie! Find some nice metal wall hangings and use your old window as a frame. I think it would look nice!
  • Angela Statz
    Angela Statz

$$$
  • Angela Statz
    Angela Statz

This could hold moss and flowers?
  • FL
    FL

Gotta love creativity!!!!!
  • Kelli
    Kelli

Where does this wall face? My first thought was a perfect way to create an outdoor theater? But if it's the side of the house I really liked the idea of a lattice iron-work idea with, perhaps, a window box beneath.
  • Dap7615769
    Dap7615769

the outside bricks make a natural frame. I'd paint the inside to highlight any artwork. Long planter. Wooden sign .. it's a wonderful opportunity!

• Kelly-n-Tony
    Kelly-n-Tony

Wow I love this unique problem! Can you share photos of the entire area so you get better suggestions specific to what would look best there?