Pattysquires
Pattysquires
  • Del Mar, CA

How can I update parquet floors?

KathyPattysquiresDiane
+2

• Beverly

If you are working on a cottage, beachy theme, I would consider painting them. Of course, you would want to apply several coats of protective poly over the paint. Chalk paint would work well.
  • Whitney

You could always strip and stain them! I prefer dark floors and dark walnut is my go to stain! You could also use Unicorn SPiT which is non-toxic and smells like jasmine! They offer browns and there is a tutorial on how to mix stain to replicate stains from the "named brand" stains. Put a satin finish over it to complete it.
  • Diane

Parquet is beautiful. Use some Poly and add some throw rugs for accent. Leave them be.

• Pattysquires

Thanks, I'm going to darken them...... I think
  • Kathy

It depends if you still like your floors. I have seen old floors cleaned and a coat of Minwax put on in a new color or small color to make them shine again. You could do it yourself and apply the Minwax in a color you like or have them done by a pro.