Pennymbanks
Pennymbanks
  • Gagetown, MI

How do I fix my cracked carpet liner for my office chair?

B. EnneKimRonda Jaramillo
+1

q how do i fix my cracked carpet liner for my office chair
  • Gregg Conway

There is no good repair for these chair mats as they typically crack to age, UV exposure, and use...AND a cracked one is a safety hazard. In my 30 years as a human resources director, I have seen multiple occurrences of cracked chair mats causing chairs to overturn with resulting injuries.

Bite the bullet and buy a new one. Be sure it is the right one for your carpet depth. The average user does not realize that the little spikes on the underside of the carpet come in different lengths and are designed to support the mat surface while in use. Don't scrimp and do some homework to make sure you get the proper mat. This will also extend the life of the mat.
  • Ronda Jaramillo

Ducktape fixes everything.
  • Kim

I have had several ones that end up cracking over time. I tried the duck tape & it worked for awhile. It is just safer for everyone to just go out & buy a new one.

• B. Enne

I found it easier to change the casters on my chair, to ones that roll well over a rug.