I took a dishwasher out .What can I do with the empty spot?

Joeli AlwaysIn-My Heart JacksonShe's Crafty! Hometalk HelperMary KathrynPeaches Rhodes
+5

• Connie Hart

Put in shelves
  • Gina Maylone

Recycling bin.

• Diane

I would put in some shelving or a nice utility cart that I could pull out and use then put away after I was done.
  • Will Hudson

Some sort of storage would definitly be the answer here. you may even be able to get cabinets that could fit in the empty spot. Check the mesurements and go to a local home store and see if anythign could fit. another option would be to call in a carpenter and see what he can do or suggest the best option.
  • Yog21780595

Hi,I did the same , and then hung two shelves, and luckily had matching tile to lay on the bottom.I recessed the shelves an inch or two , trimmed with a little quarter round ( painted to match). Done !
  • Mary KathrynPeaches Rhodes

You can use it for cabinet space, wine storage, shelving, trash compactor or just an area to put your trash and recycle bins.
  • Frame the opening with 2x4's and add a door painted or stained to match. A more expensive option would be adding a cabinet insert that matches the others in the kitchen. I love Diane's cart idea!
  • Shelving space, OR you could get a small deep freezer. My freezer usually isn't big enough to hold everything I'd like to have in there - especially during the summer and cookout season! #ExtraMeat :)