How do you stay motivated on a project?

KarenMarciePam Arnold
+3

What is the best way to stay motivated and not overwhelmed with a project
  • Carol

What works for me is to make sure I have everything I need for the project becausing stopping and starting due to lack of supplies drives me nuts! Also make sure to step away from it when you are tired
  • Bernice Clore-Wanser

Break it down into smaller steps. I have Multiple Sclerosis and I have to do that with every task I take on. I don't make an entire garden in one day...I'll spread it out over a week or so.
  • Just try and focus on what the finished project is going to look like. If it's something you've seen on here, or Pintrest, or wherever, print out a picture of the finished project. Put it on the wall or on your fridge to actually keep in mind what you're working toward.
  • Pam Arnold

Brilliant idea, thank you so much.
  • Marcie

First is to make sure the project isn't over your head so much that you are overwhelmed by it. Stay as simple as possible, and focus on the end project.
    Keep reminding yourself of the satisfaction of finishing the project, and the pride you'll have with doing it yourself!
  • Karen

Be careful in choosing a project- nothing is worse than unfinished projects waiting for inspiration.