Light bulb storage?

MariaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAC. D. Scallan
+2

I was cleaning out my closet this morning and I'd like to ask all the do-it-yourselfers if anyone has any good ideas of ways to store light bulbs, all shapes and sizes. Thank you!

• Deb

Keep bulbs in see-through shoe box–size covered bins on a closet shelf. Label the bins by wattage—40 to 60 watts, 100 watts, and use one bin to contain specialty bulbs, like night-lights, high hats, and halogens. Closets already stuffed? Stash bulb bins on a shelf in the garage.
  • Tammy

That's a good idea :)! Thanks!!
  • C. D. Scallan

I keep mine in small Rubbermaid bin in the top shelf of my pantry.
  • I have a xerox paper box that has spare lightbulbs for every light in the house including appliances. I have another box that holds all my indoor extension cords. Both marked, easy to get to and tidy. When I use the last one of a certain bulb, I put it on my shopping list.
  • Maria

I assume you're talking about loose bulbs - not packaged. I would go to a liquor store and get a box with the cardboard dividers used for wine and store the bulbs in it. The dividers will separate them.