Judy
Judy
  • Rome, NY

I'm new to DIY and furniture flipping, what are some basic tools?

MarcieJohn EverettJudy
+2

I'm new to diy and furnature flipping, what are some basic tools and resources I should start with?
  • C. D. Scallan

Hammer , pry bar, awl, screwdrivers (flathead and crossed ), pliers, and a saw.
  • Dysko7710

Products you will want to look into are chalk paint and milk paint, both require little prep and sanding of whatever furniture you want to redo. If you want to stain you will need to sand well first, so you will need to invest in a hand sander for that. Pinterest is a great resource if you just search for painted or restained furniture. Or even distressed furniture techniques.
  • Judy

Thanks. I appreciate the advice
  • John Everett

This is a great site for inspiration, and ideas. Browse through the forums, and have fun!
  • Marcie

Sandpaper and paint are number one on the list! A hand sander is really nice. Make sure you have a good hammer, and a couple sizes of screwdrivers - both phillips and straight. Those are the basic of basics! Start simple and have fun!