Bubble Painting

$6

Do you remember when you were a kid and you blew bubbles in your drink until your Mom yelled at you? Welp, here's your chance to relive your childhood! Bubble painting has to be my new favorite technique!
First thing you'll need it paint. Depending on what you are painting, your medium will vary.
Next, add water to make a milky consistency. Be sure not to add to much or your color will not show up in your bubbles.

Finally, add dish soap. I used regular blue dawn and it did not tint my white paint, however if you are worried you can use clear softsoap.
Give your ingredients a good mix.
I chose to paint on a terra cotta pot. You can use anything you'd like as long as it's not a shiny surface. Unfinished pottery, paper and terra cotta work great!
I made a little stand with a bottle to prop my pot up with so it wasn't sitting in the bubbles.

Now, let the fun begin! Blow your bubbles with a straw and tip the cup down so the bubbles will flow out. Spin the object while blowing so you can cover the whole surface with bubbles.
I used my straw to scrape out all the bubbles and let them pop naturally.
Here is my finished products! I must say, the camera did not do the pot justice but I still love the light marbly look the bubbles gave. My mug also came out so cute, it reminds me of taking a bath! 😋
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?

• Ilene

On my phone I tapped the the picture and it gets bigger. I know practically zero about tech. That’s the best I can do. I had planned to add pops if subtle color. Had to move on to something else. What, if anything, do you think I should do about the runs of paint when I do my bubble wall? I’m thinking they might add to the overall look.

• CAROL A RUHLMAN

How to paint wall board successfully. Have a newer manufacturers home and want to repaint the bathroom and put in spacious new mirror.

• Rebecca S

I was wondering if you sealed the cup or the flower pot?

• Ilene

I tap the picture on my iPhone and that enlarged it.

• Gail Gibson

I used this method with ceramic underglaze on bisque. After firing my pieces, and doing a clear glaze firing, the pieces were beautiful