Paula McGown
Paula McGown
  • Vancouver, WA

Can you paint over an old brass plated chandelier?

Paula McGownJenniferReiana
+2

I found an older chandelier that has tarnished worn brass plating. I would like to paint it a muted silver color. Is it possible and how?
  • C. D. Scallan

You can ! Rustolium makes spray paint that will work great for this project . Be sure to clean it really well , lightly sand any parts that may be flaking and clean again . Tape off the outlets for the bulbs. Have fun it!
  • Dysko7710

Rustoleum spray paint can be used for that. It comes with types that have a primer built in, which I would recommend and comes in many different colors. You can get it on Amazon or Lowes/HomeDepot. You would need to either remove any glass or other components or cover them in painters tape before spray painting. Good luck!
  • Reiana

scuff it up and use paint for painting metal
  • Jennifer

Yes of course you can! Just like the comments above... Rustoleum is great! Walmart has a lot of different colors and textures, prices vary so somewhere between $3.50- $9.00
  • Paula McGown

Thank you all for the info!!! I'll go check out Rustoleum!!