How do you remove outdoor carpeting from a cement porch?

Cha20880301PatDeb
+2

• Tracy Harrison Dakil

I was told a heat gun. They are pretty inexpensive at your local hardware store. I'm trying it this summer
  • Jacks Beta

There has to be an area where you can start pulling the carpet up. Unfortunately, you probably where not the one to install this so you wont know how they did until you get under there.

Try at the corners or any areas that seem to be loose in the middle, cut through the carpet so you can get under.
  • Deb

On a concrete floor, the pad is glued in place, so big chunks of pad will remain stuck to the floor. To remove them, use a floor scraper. Purchase Goo be Gone to assist you in removing the chunks of pad.
  • Pat

We carpeted our front porch because the cement got so slick when it rained. I like the looks of the carpet and feel safer walking on it rather than the wet slick concrete. I am sure the glue will be hard to get off....good luck!
  • Cha20880301

Floor scraper that uses blades. They are available at most hardware stores and make the removal so much quicker and easier.