Marilyn Bates
Marilyn Bates
  • Paradise, CA

Should screen door and front door be the same color?

B. EnneNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CALora
+6

I have a wooden screen door painted black to match the trim. The front door is barn red but it sort of disappears behind the screen door. Should they match?
q should screen door and front door be the same color
  • Jacks Beta

If you want the door to stand out then I would definitely paint the screen door to match.
  • Julie Van Dyke

I don't think they need to match but if you want it to pop, I would paint it a bright color instead of barn red, maybe cherry red to match the chairs you have on the porch. Colored doors are very popular where I live right now. Mine is a pretty ocean blue!
  • Dmotan

Your home is charming. I am a bohemian so I would paint the screen door a pretty bright color to make it pop. I would also address the trim on the windows and the railings. It is a bit dark. To make your home even more charming, think of a pale yellow/green so it becomes a real showplace.
  • Caseyem11

A brighter color for the front door would be more visible.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations

I think it can go either way. Since your steps appear to be red, the red door goes with that. The black and red add nice a contrast to each other. A black door with a black screen door matching the trim works well too. Either way would be fine.
  • Marcie

Personally, I think to have different colors takes away from the "wow" factor you can have with a front door. I prefer them both to be the same color.
  • Lora

Cute little house! I would paint the screen door to match.
  • Darling house and love the porch! I would either paint it to match the door or introduce a lighter color to have it more visible.
  • B. Enne

yes