Michelle Bayha
Michelle Bayha
  • Kalamazoo, MI

Is there a product I can use to clean the grease and remove the shine

Jmh12836933Rockie LeVacLandsharkinnc
+3

1. I live in an apartment and whant to paint the cupboards that are now brown a pretty grey but since I rent I dont want to have to put too much effort into it.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations

To cut the grease off your cupboards I would wash with murphy's oil soap. You pour the soap in a bucket and add water. The soap cuts the grease but isn't too hard on the wood.

Here are some other options on this article... http://homeguides.sfgate.com/clean-old-grease-stains-off-kitchen-cabinets-91303.html, good luck
  • Jewellmartin

i agree about the Murphey's Soap. It's a liquid you dilute so it goes a long way, and keep that bottle. You can use it on a lot of jobs. I've had an easier time if I use warm water, or even hot on really greasy surfaces. But tap water is fine. Best wishes!
  • Carole

I use 1/2 lemon squeezed to 1 1/2 cup white vinegar and 2 cups of warm water..spray sit wipe repeat.

• Landsharkinnc

to degrease/degloss Rustoleum Krudcutter ..no odor, no rinse, can be painted over in 15 min...for just degreasing Rustoleum Krudcutter Degreaser!
  • Rockie LeVac

Use TSP. Get at Lowes or Home Depot or store like that.
  • Jmh12836933

Scrubbing Bubbles! Then prime with Glidden Gripper paint and paint withVal Spar (Lowes) cabinet paint.l