How can I add pressure to the hose from my rain tank (2000 gallons)

C.B.Danielle OdinSharon
+1

We are in dry California and I collect 2500 gallons in a tank to use when the community water system might be strained, and yard watering prohibited. The hose to the garden is 75-100 feet and the water flows at a trickle. How can I boost the flow to make this hand watering less time consuming, I do have an air gap 4x hose diameter) at the top of the tank, so that isn't the issue,
  • Pat Ruge

I believe the problem is not the length of your hose, but rather is is the elevation of you water tank. The higher the elevation, the more the pressure. If this is one tank with 2500 gallons, it could be a real issue. I use 55 gal barrows to collect my water, in which case you could begin a plan to empty one at a time and gradually elevate to the highest possible location.
  • Sharon

Why not put in a drip irrigation system?
  • Danielle Odin

You could use a pump.
  • C.B.

Height creates pressure...due to the force of gravity...
    IF your tank can be pressurized...an air pump that will operate while powered by a generator will work to build up pressure inside the tank causing the water to be forced out of the tank at a faster/stronger rate of pressure.