Has anyone ever used old carpet in your garden to prevent weeds and ke

+3
My family member did this with great success!
  • Go for it! Does the same thing that cardboard or newspaper. I would not, however, use where growing food to eat. I always am concerned with chemicals leeching into the ground and then into my food. But that is just me.
  • Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on May 19, 2017
    sounds like it might work if there are no bad chemical in it
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on May 19, 2017
    Is okay between the rows, but it doesn't breath/drain well and isn't good to use up close around the plants
  • Marcia Lazenby Marcia Lazenby on May 19, 2017
    yes ..also cardboard.....i use newspapers when i start a flowerbed and leave them as they will totally deteriorate and turn to dirty..also i use chunks of newspaper to stop a weed if i can't get all the root....anything that blocks sunlight will kill weeds.....and try grass clippings between the rows in your garden ...and then till it up at the end of the season for the nutrients..
  • Florent Florent on May 21, 2017
    You can, but thicker your carpets will be, harder it will be to manage with. And hord or flashy colours may visually pollute your garden then.
  • Jean Jean on May 21, 2017
    Used my old pool cover.