How to get rid of bind weed.

Valerie LeBrunKate BaxterPau23557570
+4

Bind weed is very nasty and chokes out my other plants. How do I get rid of it. As soon as I see the weed I pull it out, but it has long deep roots.
  • Cori Widen

You're definitely right to pull it out! Have you tried vinegar as well? Sometimes the combination is needed..
  • Kelly

Pour boiling water on it and about 5 - 6 inches from the base to help kill the roots
  • Pau23557570

On a hot sunny day in the early morning -pour Vinegar or bleach on it and the sun will do the rest!
  • Kate Baxter

I got rid of my bindweed by continually yarding it out and it took me about five years! I have a new neighbour who is absolutely wonderful but no gardener and now her bindweed is creeping under the fence into my yard. I am going to wait until she goes away at the end of the month for a week then pour boiling water on her side of the fence!!
  • Valerie LeBrun

Thanks everyone for the ideas. We have lived here almost twelve years and it is a constant. Will try your ideas and let you know which one worked. Thanks.