Juli
Juli

Would like suggestions for projects for older set of encyclopedias

JuliTammy HossJanet Pizaro
+2

These encyclopedias have red leather covers and pages are edged with gold. Any ideas would be appreciated. I just hate to throw them away.
  • Gerlinde Gruettner

There are many ideas, from using them as support by hot gluing a few together for a certain height and putting a shelf on top, continuing to a high as you'd like, or even a coffee table using them as the legs. You can use them in varying heights to put plants on (put a piece of plastic or clear vinyl in the top one) If you don't care about reading them, you can glue the pages together with a glue stick cutting out a square or rectangle in the center, to make a jewelry box or gift box. Hope this helps.

Heres just one of many from pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/47710077274972003/
  • Juli

Thank you Janet I will check those out.
  • Tammy Hoss

Oh no!! Please don't destroy these books!! I'm sure you can find someone who would be happy to buy them. Not to 're-purpose' but to actually have as their book collection. We saved the encyclopedia set we bought for our kids and gave to our daughter for Christmas a couple of years ago. You can't imagine her excitement!! Hope you'll consider finding someone who will appreciate them!
  • Juli

Thank you for your suggestion. The encyclopedias are pretty old. (from the 1980's). So a lot of the information would be outdated. However, they are still in very nice condition, so I will check to see if anyone would be interested in having them.