I need help with landscaping suggestions

Kincaid99DORLISMarcie
+4

I have a section in my yard that I need help with landscaping. Suggestions?
q landscape
Section that I need help with is to the right of front door
  • Beverley

It looks to me like it is in the country, I would just put a few evergreen shrubs around the house and keep the grass cut. Keep it simple Veggies out the back and an orange and lemon tree perhaps.
  • Mde19481071

Does it get a lot of sun, maybe 6-8 hours? If so, this is what we did but u could do it on a smaller scale, and then to compliment it if you wanted do this as well. All day lilies are bluming now just have not updated picture. I live in a small town in NC, get tons of compliments!! It was like your picture before.
  • Margie

oh a pretty vintage lamppost ..with a little round flower garden around it ..between your two windows a trellis or if its your style a big metal star...shudders would really personalize the home...unless you have alot of money and want your landscaping done all at once that would be nice, but landscaping and forming your yard the way you want takes time..every time you add a tree or a bush you will be rewarded every year with new growth..the fastest growing tree/ bush and is beautiful is the crate myrtle..they are easy to care for pruning only once per year in early spring or fall..good luck hope i helped to maybe get you started
  • Marcie

Your house has good bones, but yes you are right in that landscaping is needed! To keep that quaint feeling (or add to it) hydrangea would look beautiful! A basic white would really pop against your dark house. Some evergreen bushes would be fantastic to keep some color and softness to the house year round. I would do hydrangea on the left side, the side that sits back a bit more. It would bring the attention to that part of the house. On the right side, you could put some evergreen. I would put one hydrangea at least on the corner, just to connect the 2 sides.
    In front of the walkway, you could do a row of hosta (some that could handle sun) or daylily. Easy, low maintenance plants.

Start with some structure is a good idea, then work on perennials and annuals. Show us a picture when you get done!

• DORLIS

You could do something to lighten up the doorway. A large pot with light color flowers, maybe a trellis to that side with a vine that tolerates shade.
  • Kincaid99

We recently put in a small (water capture of the downspout) flower bed, you could do something similar around the front door, by the way love your home. He has since relocated the downspout to the bed and I ordered three stacked frogs to put over the opening of downspout.
  • Kincaid99

Next to construct something to cover the trash bin. Still a work in progress, have pretty much finished the backyard, have been doing a general Spring clean-up
  • See More