Jeanett Prater
Jeanett Prater
  • Granbury, TX

I took down the curtains I had to lighten up the room.

Jga19700901Mariann McWhinneyGma Kirk
+10

• The rods are custom made and pretty. Should I take them down oradd a valance"l like the light I have now after removing even the sheers I had up.

q i took down the curtains i had to lighten up the room
 Send
  • Patricia

You have a beautiful home! A valance would help soften the look while still letting in the light. You could always try putting one up and if you don't like it return it.
  • CAnn

A beautiful sheer scarf across your rod would add a great look and still let the light come thur
  • Chas' Crazy Creations

I like simple lines, so I would say you can take the rod down, Save the rods though, you never know when the style is going to change and you'll maybe want them back up. You'll have the options this way.
  • Ccc

I did the same thing in our home. I have had compliments on the open window with the blinds and no curtains or valances.

• Vivian

I would leave them just as they are!
  • Debbie Harris

If you leave them up you have to use them in some way. So get creative. move them up to the ceiling and hang picture frames or leave them were they are and drape sheers but use them or take them down.
  • Snapoutofit

There is no rule about adding a valance but...if the rods are pretty, maybe a valence made in some coordinatinjg colorful pattern that goes with the rest of the decor would be nice. It would also save you from taking down the hardware and patching up the wall. Very pretty windows from what I can see in the picture. Warm.
  • Snapoutofit

To safe the hassel of taking down all of that hardware and patching the walls...Maybe think about adding a valence instead. This pic below is just an idea of how to use those rods. I think you need some type of a window treatment.

• Jeanett Prater

I love all of your comments. I had sheers and side panels and were pretty but made it very dark to me. It was amassing the difference it made when they were down. Thus my dilemma.
  • Diana Deiley

I'd remove the entire rod and brackets to create a true open visual area. The light fixture is too dark and heavy looking. Maybe a lighter color on the wall would also help. Best of luck.
  • Gma Kirk

I would raise your rods to just below the ceiling, with narrow silky floor puddling length panels in a light color, translucent material, only at the mullins and sides.
  • Mariann McWhinney

I agree with snapoutofit . A valence of a softer material than shown in her picture.
  • Jga19700901

add an elegant scarf it will still let in light