Do I need to seal the paint? To further protect the surface?

Kim WinklerMarcieChas' Crazy Creations
+5

I had an old dresser , my daughter didn't want it anymore . I painted it and now use this in my living room . It provides great storage for all of our movies, and random holiday decor. I want to know how I can protect the surface?
q do i need to seal the paint to further protect the surface
Before
After 😁
  • Marcie

Cute and well done! I would put a polyeurathane over the paint to protect. It comes in different sheens, so you could do flat or eggshell - whatever look you want!
  • Cindy Hagemann

Unless you painted it with chalk paint, you should not need a sealer. If it was chalk based paint - then apply a clear wax designed for chalk paint.
  • Beautiful! You do not have to, but if you do choose to clear coat it, make sure you choose a formula that states"non-yellowing" on the container.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations

It depends on how much usage it gets. If it gets high usage, a polyurethane over it will protect it.
  • Marcie

I use Min-wax (I get it at Home Depot). As for how many coats, it depends on the usage. One coat for low use. 2 for more protection (sand inbetween for a smoother finish). Put on a picture when you're done!
  • Kim Winkler

Lovely job! I recommend Rustoleum Chalked Spray Matte finish.... I have used it for both chalk paint and regular paint....matte finish is great, and it is non-yellowing.