How To Make Tinted Mason Jars

$5

Mason jars have been pretty hot in home decor and have so many uses. Personally, I find places to put them in almost every room! To pretty them up, I decided to tint them various colors to give them a fresh look and match my decor. Give it a try for yourself!
tinted mason jars
SUPPLIES:
- Mason Jar
- Food Coloring
- Mod Podge
- Oven
- Stirring Utensil
tinted mason jars
Step 1) Pour Mod Podge into your jar so that it is 1/4 full.

tinted mason jars
Step 2) Add a few drops of food coloring.
tinted mason jars
Step 3) Mix until blended well and there are no streaks in the mixture.
My mixture is now blended well.
tinted mason jars
Step 4) Twist and turn your jar until all of the mixture has covered the inside of the area of the jar completely.
tinted mason jars
Step 5) Place upside down onto a disposal container. Let dry approx. 4 hours or until mod podge has hardened. The extra liquid will have poured out.
tinted mason jars
Step 6) Once dry, place your jars upside down onto a lined baking tray.
tinted mason jars
Step 7) Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 250 degrees. If your jars are still opaque, continue baking in increments of 10 minutes.
tinted mason jars
The finished product! Aren't they pretty?
tinted mason jars
Use them as vases.
tinted mason jars
To hold craft supplies.
tinted mason jars
Or, even in your bathroom for accessories!

• Mason jar  (michaels)
  • Mod podge  (michaels)
  • Food coloring  (stop n shop)

• Karen

Can you use these for creams or other “things” ? Will the color wear off into the cream ????

• Kim

They were clear when I took them out of the oven but as they started cooling they started turning cloudy. What did I do wrong?

• Kim

Know what I did wrong, needed to turn them after I got them out of the oven

• Kathy Froloff

Can you use acrylic paint instead of food coloring?

• Lisarae

Absolutely beautiful and great directions. I will be doing this very soon. Thank you

• Dina Caten Pope

Did you try this and if so, what's your thoughts about it? Did you have Mason jars or other kinds of jars? I have a friend that did this with Spaghetti sauce jars and she loves them

• Rhonda

I will be trying this project also I'm going to try it on mason jar drimking glasses I think that would ne neat to use at a bbq