Zest it Up
Zest it Up
  • Atascadero, CA

Barn Wood Mason Jar Holder

$10

Chanda and I have been busily working trying to finish the large oak hutches we got from Zoey’s months ago!! But while the paint was drying we wanted to do a project that was fast, simple, but yet so instantly gratifying- not gonna lie we were getting tired of painting those beats! (but good news is they are done and look GORGEOUS). So with that said, bust out your drill and grab some good ol’ mason jars!
barn wood mason jar holder
Supplies:
  • Drill that can go through stainless steel
  • screws
  • barn wood
  • 3 mason jars (medium size)
  • 3 pipe clamps
barn wood mason jar holder
First Measure the pipe clamp to see where the middle is based upon your jar size, then mark with sharpie or just remember where to drill. Using a screwdriver helps unwind the clamp.
barn wood mason jar holder
Then drill a small hole (large enough for screw though) and be sure not to touch- it will get hot! When you drill make sure you are using a drill bit that you can use with metal, also unwind the clamp because it will make easier to work with.
barn wood mason jar holder
Insert the screw and next to screw into wood…
barn wood mason jar holder
See?
barn wood mason jar holder
Now do this three more times- measure out how far apart you want them on your board…(be sure to make even length from top of board) and then twist in jar into clamp- use screwdriver to make secure and tight
barn wood mason jar holder
VOILA!!
barn wood mason jar holder
I love this new little piece that can be used as home decor or even outside decor!
barn wood mason jar holder
Who doesn't love mason jars???
barn wood mason jar holder
It can even double as bathroom storage and organization!
barn wood mason jar holder
As you can see the possibilities are endless- from holding toothbrushes and cotton balls to flowers or even herbs or pens in your office- ready to get organized??
XOXO,
Sam
Zest it Up

• Joy

Where do you get the mini mason jars?

• Sunny

What kind of drill bit did you use? I have tried and tried to do this, but no success. I finally made some using wide zip ties, but would prefer to use the metal bands. I also tried the self-drilling screws, but that didn't work either. 😥 Thanks!

• Sunny

Thank you very much! I will try this! Wish me luck! 😉

• Ida9464

What drill bit , please??

• Mcgypsy9

Ida9464 the bits that she used are simply a Phillips head screw driver bit and a flat head screw driver bit. You don’t need to use a drill for these, you can simply use the screw drivers. Then she used a titanium impact drill bit for metal to drill the hole through the pipe clamp. The hole has to be big enough for the screws to fit through, so just match them up before you make the holes. Hope that helps.

• PJ

I have Soo sooooo many Mason jars, other tyes as well. I've always been into glass.. Vases, Bottles of all colors, shapes and sizes.

I was going to do the "stew lids under shelf/cabinet/garage...

Then store stuff depending on how I decided to go..

But I like this much better!

Thanks!

• Tina

Yes, i am so doing this, thank you