Barn Wood Mason Jar Holder

$10

Chanda and I have been busily working trying to finish the large oak hutches we got from Zoey’s months ago!! But while the paint was drying we wanted to do a project that was fast, simple, but yet so instantly gratifying- not gonna lie we were getting tired of painting those beats! (but good news is they are done and look GORGEOUS). So with that said, bust out your drill and grab some good ol’ mason jars! (remember my addiction??)

Supplies:
  • Drill that can go through stainless steel
  • screws
  • barn wood
  • 3 mason jars (medium size)
  • 3 pipe clamps
First Measure the pipe clamp to see where the middle is based upon your jar size, then mark with sharpie or just remember where to drill. Using a screwdriver helps unwind the clamp.
Then drill a small hole (large enough for screw though) and be sure not to touch- it will get hot! When you drill make sure you are using a drill bit that you can use with metal, also unwind the clamp because it will make easier to work with.
Insert the screw and next to screw into wood…
See?
Now do this three more times- measure out how far apart you want them on your board…(be sure to make even length from top of board) and then twist in jar into clamp- use screwdriver to make secure and tight
VOILA!!
I love this new little piece that can be used as home decor or even outside decor!
Who doesn't love mason jars???
It can even double as bathroom storage and organization!
As you can see the possibilities are endless- from holding toothbrushes and cotton balls to flowers or even herbs or pens in your office- ready to get organized??
XOXO,
Sam

Zest it Up

• Joy

Where do you get the mini mason jars?

• Sunny

What kind of drill bit did you use? I have tried and tried to do this, but no success. I finally made some using wide zip ties, but would prefer to use the metal bands. I also tried the self-drilling screws, but that didn't work either. 😥 Thanks!

• Sunny

Thank you very much! I will try this! Wish me luck! 😉

• Ida9464

What drill bit , please??

• Mcgypsy9

Ida9464 the bits that she used are simply a Phillips head screw driver bit and a flat head screw driver bit. You don’t need to use a drill for these, you can simply use the screw drivers. Then she used a titanium impact drill bit for metal to drill the hole through the pipe clamp. The hole has to be big enough for the screws to fit through, so just match them up before you make the holes. Hope that helps.

• Anthony Tripodi

This is a great idea. I'm going to use the large mason jars and make a place for my daughter to store her flat iron and other hair tools.

• Pamela Clawson

I’m in the process of doing this but used a pine board that I stained, and my husband added a curved detail to the corners of the board, and an inlay about an half inch in all the way around, I also painted my mason jars. I have to go buy screws tomorrow. I’m hanging it in my bathroom for hair brush storage, my Chi needs a home. I plan to make more for Christmas gifts each a little different. I plan to use a router for the edges for some.