What's a use for piano keys?

+7
I have a full set of piano keys from a piano I am repurposing. Any ideas as to best use them? Thank you.
  • what about mounting some in a frame or surrounding a flower pot (gluing the keys vertically)
  • Carol Carol on May 20, 2017
    Have you ever made a mosaic top for a table ? It would be super cool to take a round table top add some trim to build up an edge and then put down grout and arrange the keys in a circle let dry and then either pour clear resin over the top or grout several times. And let dry
  • Joanie Joanie on May 21, 2017
    All I am seein' in my brain is dominoes.......I guess because of the ivory? Could you make Chimes? This is gonna drive me bugs!! Musical notes????? Something to do with music and the piano.
  • Beverly Clement Beverly Clement on May 21, 2017
    Heirloom seamstresses would love them to make small rulers to hang on their chatelaines. I'd love to have some. Any ideas where I can find some without a piano?
  • Jerry Jerry on May 21, 2017
    Check eBay. There are some offered there. Thanks for your suggestion
  • Jerry Jerry on May 21, 2017
    I learned a new word today - chatelaines - thank you. Since I was a farmer and not a seamstress that word was not in my vocabulary.
  • Jerry Jerry on May 21, 2017
    How about getting a large picture frame, resizing the keys to fit and then adding a picture of "Fats" Domino? Or Jerry Lee Lewis?
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on May 25, 2017
    Find a round mirror an line the keys up around it for a pretty piece of wall decor. It wouldn't matter if you actually overlapped them a little. I think that would be beautiful.
  • C.B. C.B. on May 26, 2017
    Make a wind chime! Who says that wind chimes have to be all metal? I've seen a few made out of wood.....GO FOR IT!
  • Jerry Jerry on May 26, 2017
    Good Idea, thanks.