The rabbits have destroyed my hostas and coral bells. Any suggestions?

BonnieHda3762079Mic7947041
+2

• Rob7453153

You have my sympathy. Try scattering mothballs on the ground around and among your plants. Mothballs volatilize in a few days so be vigilant and put down more when you see the mothballs have disappeared. I know peppermint candies will keep away squirrels, but I don't know about rabbits. There are also sprays you can buy which usually contain hot pepper, sulfur, and/ or garlic. Reapply after it rains.

Instead of using mothballs which are very poisonus,try citrus peels and circus essential sprays.
  • Mic7947041

Go to your local farmers co-op and ask for a rabbit repellent to spray on your plants. I've tried the home recipes and they just don't work.
  • Hda3762079

water your plants early in the morning then sprinkle cayenne pepper around the area. you will only have to sprinkle it a couple times, works great

• Bonnie

You can try predator urine you can buy at a garden store. People use it to deter skunks too.