How do I get the black off the leaves on my gardenia bush?

Cori WidenCharlyClaude
+2

my gardenia bush has Black on the leaves? How can I get rid of the black?

It could be mulitple reasons.Can you summit a photo so the issue can be detected?
  • Graham Hooper

It Sounds like the effects off Insects sucking Sap from the Plant and the waste is full of Sugar .Some Insects like Ants of Bees Wasps Etc Collect the Liquid Sugar for Food By=ut when it Falls on Leaves or Stems of Some Plants a Black Sooty Mould Grows. Hose it Off with High Pressure Setting on Hose Nozzle. or Hit the Sap Sucking Insects .. ?
  • Claude

Post picture please...usually black can be a fungus but it can also be sap from another plant.
  • Charly

Is this plant in a pot or is it in the ground? It sounds to me like you have some sort of sap sucking insect. I would wash the leaves with a mild soap and water. And then spray the plant with horticultural oil. Ig the plant is in a pot I would take it out, gently clean off the roots and repot it in new potting soil and throw the old potting soil away. Good luck.
  • Cori Widen

Definitely try repotting before you do anything more drastic - with new soil!