Asked on May 21, 2017

How do fix one small spot on the top of an antique stained dresser?

Karen DuranteKim Walsh ResnickPatricia


I'd like to paint the dresser to be two toned with the top stained and I like the top but it has one small spot that's been damaged.
4 answers
  • Patricia
    on May 21, 2017

    If the damage is a scratch or gouge, you can fill it with wood filler then sand the wood filler smooth after it is dried.
  • Karen Durante
    on May 21, 2017

    Can you use a matching crayon color?
  • Kim Walsh Resnick
    on May 21, 2017

    its more like the top has a small area where the varnish and poly are gone. Would a crayon work there?
    • Cori Widen
      on May 22, 2017

      They have wood correction markers and/or crayons -sounds like that will do the trick.
  • Karen Durante
    on May 21, 2017

    I once accidentally scratched an area of my new light wood cabinet and used a matching color crayon. It worked. My son has black wood furniture and being a kid has nicked it. I also touched it up with a crayon.
Your comment...