Bathroom Light Fixture Makeover

My master bath is CURRENTLY in desperate need of an update OVERALL, but I decided to START with the light fixture.. This all came about when I joined a room makeover challenge with some of our blogger friends. The challenge? Pick a room in your house and give it a makeover spending NO MORE THAN $100!!!!
This is the BEFORE photo. I know, I know. Try to focus on the fixture. Baby steps my friends. I knew that I wanted to take the bulb covers off. I was hoping to replace them with clear ones, which would've been a good idea, had they not been $6 a piece.
I could not spend a third of my budget on just the light fixture, so I headed to the thrift store. I found these lamp shades for .75 each. NOW we're talkin'. I could feel the metal frame inside, and a lightbulb went off in my head!  Excuse the pun.
Ladies and gentlemen. Beauty is indeed found within.
After a little cleaning, painting, and finagling this light fixture has a fun industrial farmhouse look. If you like the vintage bulbs you can find them at this affiliate link. They are like icing on the cake

Visit the blog to see more!

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Janice at Sawdust Sisters

• CHRISTINA

How did you get them to attach to the fixture?
  • How much were the bulbs? Where I live those bulbs are about 10 bucks a piece...
    • Helene234

very good, turning a regular shade into something very trendy that probalby costs a lot to purchase as such. i personnaly prefer shades to bright lights that remind me cof eiling bulbs before people got bulb covers

• Dpbeee2

May I ask what kind if bulbs are those? They look nicer too.
    • Tamara

I know this is an old post, but I have seen them in dollarama and Canadian Tire. Just to name two in Canada.

• Pam Crenwelge

My hubby just did a 1/2 renovation on our 2nd bath upstairs ( used to be the kids’ bathroom, but they’re both gone and married now) and we didn’t do anything to the light fixture yet - and I kind of like this idea! Thanks for sharing!

• Janice at Sawdust Sisters

Hi Emee! You can see the entire bathroom on my website :)