Jea13365671
Jea13365671
  • Liverpool, NY

What kind of flowers 🌺 grow in stones?

MargolynluvsuWanda sinnemaJust peachy
+3

How much stone is there?
  • Constance Gidzinski

Creeping thyme is a good rock garden plant. Give it a small patch of soil to start off and it will spread out over stones even gravel.
  • Rob7453153

Creeping thyme is a good choice. Also creeping phlox if the area gets a lot of sun. You can stick succulents into crevices in some soil and they will also do well.
  • Just peachy

creeping phlox, dianthus, succulents
  • Wanda sinnema

depending on where you live, succulents are a great addition. Lots of varieties, some flower, some with light green foliage, some with dark red. Nurseries in our area sell flats and 1/2 flats of mixed varieties. you just pull off a bit and tuck it in places you want to fill. they will cascade and spread .. tuck any loose tidbits that break off into another spot. they will root almost anywhere to form a new plant..
  • Margolynluvsu

W.hen I saw weeds growing in my gravelly areas, I have dianthis, day lillies, hostas, lavender, thyme, periwinkle, chives, cat nip, peppermint, morning glories, bleeding hearts.

I use gravel in my pots for annuals too. I never buy potting soil anymore. I even transplanted a Japanese maple from soil to the gravelly area too, and it's exploded with growth better than it did before.

, Hosts growing in gravel on side of garage Have since added other flowers that are doing great No more buying dirt but I do put wood mulch to dress it up