Jac16478734
Jac16478734
  • Fredericksburg, VA

How do I protect my chalk paint on my dresser?

Diana Slater DecorMarilyn MeadSusan
+2

• A

The best way is to do several coats and be sure to wax it with a quality wax - preferably one suggested by the paint manufacturer. Also, the reality is that a chalk paint finish is not as durable as a factory finish, so take great care in the way you treat the surfaces of your dresser - don't drag things across the top. I would also suggest not using harsh cleaners on the surface.
  • Whitney

Several coats of a high quality wax!
  • Susan

Polyurethane - 2 coats for a permanent finish with little maintenance.
  • Marilyn Mead

I used polyacrylic for mine and it doesn't yellow after a while like polyurethane does .
  • Diana Slater Decor

Wax really isn't a sealer. If you ever sit a glass of water on your dresser or a vase, you will have water rings. You need to do polyurethane, polyacrylic, or a sealer specifically recommended for your paint brand. I use and recommend Heirloom Traditions products. You can get 10% off this brand at HeirloomTraditionsPaint.com by using code DSD at checkout. Good luck with your project.
    #HeirloomTraditions