Cathy
Cathy
  • Hometalker
  • Bismarck, ND
Asked on May 22, 2017

We had an old tree removed with Roots ground down now have mushrooms

NancyGardengrazVjl23834819
+2

Answered

5 answers
  • Janet Pizaro
    on May 22, 2017

    Apply a fungicide
  • Ok, this happens. They are not edible. Just pull out and dispose or just leave them alone and let nature do its thing.
  • Vjl23834819
    on May 23, 2017

    I'd avoid fungicide as the mushrooms are harmless. They are feeding on the rotted wood below the soil level. They will eventually use it all up. You could always dig up the buried wood and eliminate the source.
  • Gardengraz
    on May 23, 2017

    As mentioned above, they are harmless. They are feeding on the rotting organic materials left behind. Keep digging and disturbing them.
  • Nancy
    on May 23, 2017

    I had that happen. I just kept digging out the mushrooms and eventually it stopped. I don't know about you, but mine were huge and deep. one weighed about 10 lbs. or so.
Your comment...