What can I do for outside window treatments?

+7
I have plain windows in the front of my house. I would like to do something other than shutters. And something inexpensive.
  • Grandma Ali Grandma Ali on May 22, 2017
    Try Pebeo glass paints. They can add a stained glass look, and you are free with your designs. You'll need an outline first, like black or gold/silver. Then fill in with colour.
  • KatAych KatAych on May 22, 2017
    There are some lovely window films available in all different patterns - dependent upon the size of your window, you can buy a roll at Home Depot for a reasonable price. Or order online if you need a custom width/size. Some just a subtle frosted effect, while others have very bright and colorful prints such as stained glass or mosaic.
  • Diane Diane on May 22, 2017
    That's very pretty for the inside but I was meaning for the outside. The windows are only about 2 foot from the ground, so window boxes are out.
  • Caryl rivers Caryl rivers on May 22, 2017
    Why would they be "out"? They would still be pretty and colorful - and easy to plant!
  • SamSandez SamSandez on May 23, 2017
    Just go for some glass designs. But make sure that the designs don't block the light entering through the window glass. You can also give wooden beading to the windows if you like to give traditional look.
  • Diane Diane on May 24, 2017
    thanks.
  • Kathy Kathy on May 24, 2017
    What about window boxes planted with pretty flowers 🌺 from your area?
  • Jim Pugliese Jim Pugliese on May 25, 2017
    if you want fabric must use outdoo fabric