Who Else Loves the Look of Copper in the Kitchen??

$250

First off, let me say that I have always loved copper..copper bottom pots, copper colander, copper bowls, copper lanterns, etc. We've got a few pieces here and there...so when I found out about copper subway tiles I was VERY excited!!! My husband is from NY and at first said, "Why in the world would I want my kitchen backsplash to look like a NY subway station??!!!" But then I showed him I was talking about COPPER tiles, not white subway tiles...Luckily, the husband was on board and so I removed our beadboard kitchen backsplash in favor of these copper tiles. This was my weekend project, and although I didn't "quite" finish (I did get more than halfway through), I did complete enough to appreciate the richness and shimmer these tiles offer!
I love LTD Commodities -- such an eclectic variety of items available in their catalogs for great prices! I order from them often. This is where I ordered the copper tiles - they also come in white and black. A box of 25 tiles for $9.98. We needed 12 boxes.
The one complaint that seemed to reoccur was that the included double-stick tape squares did not always hold the tiles up. I'm not sure if this was because of the type of backsplashes being covered or not, but I decided not to use the tape at all and bought 2 bags of Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks instead.
Behind the stovetop.
The tiles are very easy to cut - just make your markings, score with a box cutter, and snap. For small cuts (like notches around cabinet bottoms), I scored several times then used a small pair of grippers to help snap small pieces off cleanly. Notice the very tiny gap along the bottom - I will NOT be snipping tiles into teeny little pieces to cover this, but rather decided to use some sort of trim piece...just decided on style and color.
I love the warmth and shimmer the copper tiles add to the kitchen! Not too shabby for less than $150!

• Copper subway tiles  (LTD Commodities)
  • Gorilla Glue Gun Sticks  (Walmart)
  • Boxcutter  (Dollar Tree)

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home