Drawers in bathroom vanities- What can I do about false drawer fronts?

Iwa14215215ArtemisPatricia
+2

Why do they install theses cabinets with the false drawer fronts but only one drawer  and what can you do about it

They look good like regular drawer size. The height is so bottles/containers can be stored upright in them.
  • Jewellmartin

My two vanity drawers are small. I found a couple of cardboard boxes that checks come in and I use them as organizers. I found a little bag that holds all my essential makeup. A friend gave me a zippered bag made to hold ten doses of medicine pills. I use that to hold all of my small pierced earrings. My toothbrushes and toothpaste are in a long narrow box that a necklace came in. None of the boxes have lids. I played with the boxes and the things I wanted in each drawer until I found combinations I like. I remember going three months until I found a toothbrush box that fit. I also lined the drawers and boxes with decorative paper napkins, but paper towels work fine. Best wishes to you 😇
  • Patricia

The false drawers are usually created because the plumbing behind the "drawers" would prevent an actual drawer from functioning properly. To get extra storage try some shelving with baskets to store your items.
  • Artemis

I don't like the false fronts either and never have understood the rationale of the faux drawer look. We decided to build our own vanity (open shelves) for the guest bath with no faux anything. We built boxes, that match the vanity, to hide the plumbing. Very simple design and we were able to raise the height (standard height vanities are too short and I find myself constantly bending toward the sink). It's uncomfortable and I'm 5'6" (hubbie is 6'). We plan to raise the height of our kitchen cabinets when we redo it this year.
  • Iwa14215215

Nice