What kind of paint should I use for my cement patio?

V ValenciaDma7547593John
+3

I want to paint a design on my cement patio

Outdoor paint for concrete
  • Dma7547593

Than you. But does it need sealant?
  • Pat Ruge

The exterior paint for concrete actually holds up pretty well. Depending on the foot traffic, you can expect there will be some wear eventually so you might keep that in mind with your design. Mine gets painted about every 5 years. Also, I might mention that painting your cement may cause it to get slippery when when. You might want to add some sand to the paint to give it a grip. There is a special package of sand in the paint department, but to my knowledge it is no different that ordinary sand - it's just the amount of sand you need to add to a gallon of paint.
  • John

if you paint and you want it to last...seal with floor epoxy....My entire porch is done with copper, brass, and stainless steel shavings done in swirl patterns then topped with epoxy.....check out youtube.com under epoxy floors for ideas
  • Dma7547593

Thank you for your advice and time.
  • V Valencia

They have concrete paint that is very durable. I used it on my driveway and it has held up.