Barbara
Barbara
  • North Easton, MA

How do I stretch shoes?

Fiddledd224Sta2927646Karen Webb
+7

• C. D. Scallan

If they are canvas you can mist with alcohol just before wearing and they will stretch . If they are leather , you will have to find forms and condition the leather first .
  • Tammy

Get the inside slightly damp. You can than either put on a thick pair of socks and wear them while they dry or stuff them.
  • Pinkphotojen

I've used potatoes and bags filled with water (that you freeze). Both solutions work pretty well, especially for higher quality shoes. I have a cheap suede pair that stretched out but they're still stiff.
    • Elizabe

I use the small freezer bags myself, get all the air out so you can move the edges into further spaces, and this works great! Especially for sandals where the leather is just a little too tight up front. Works great!
  • Barbara

Thank you I'll try these.
  • Judy

You can find a shoe stretcher, and you screw it to make it larger, or smaller. Just check your stores, or check your rummage sales. You will find them, Judy.
  • Karen Webb

Fill ziplock bags half full of water and place in an old sock. Stuff in the shoe and place the shoe in the freezer. As the water freezes it will expand the shoe.
  • Sta2927646

If they are leather, fill plastic bags with water, and place in the toes of your shoes. Place in the freezer over night. When the water freezes it expands and stretches your shoes.
  • Fiddledd224

Except for suede, I dampen them and wear a thick pair of socks with them until they dry.
    • Elizabe

I spray all my suede with Camp Dry normally, but what about water damage to the suede? When buying a new pair of sueded shoes do I dampen the whole shoe or just the front. How exactly do you do this without water damage. I always spray my suede with Camp Dry. One spraying is better than the two sprays of other brands. What do you think about the water damage, suede is so expensive.