I need coffee table ideas -36"l x 16"w max WITH shelf storage 12"h

LavonneDysko7710Tammy
+2

I have a small living room, and right now I am using make shift cubes for a coffee table, I would prefer something not strictly wood, a little different, but needs to have a shelf to hold magazine storage racks (12"h min). And something that won't break the budget.
Thanks
  • Start shopping flea markets, thrift stores, Goodwill, garage and yard sales. Also if you have a Habitat Restore they have great stuff too.
  • Tammy

I use an old trunk as a coffee table. My living room is also very small and by using the trunk I get extra storage for my must haves and the ability to close the lid, keeping the living room neat.
  • Dysko7710

I have seen people use pallets as coffee tables, or make them out of pallets (small ones), or wooden crates. You can always paint it however you want, even paint it with metallic paint to get out of the 'all wood' zone. Here are some examples:
    again, you could use smaller crates or just 2 or 3:
    • Cori Widen

I love pallet tables! And you can likely get the pallets for free - or use the Michael's pallet boxes, which are inexpensive..
  • Lavonne

One thing you can do is find frames or windows that will fit the top of your existing cubes. Then have plexiglass cut to fit the frames. Attach them with hinges. Yu can then use the inside of the cubes for displaying items and they can be changed or rearranged at your leisure!