Harmony4u
Harmony4u
  • Peoria, AZ

How to start planting from the scratch?

Nancy TurnerMarcieJanet Pizaro

You will need to explain area size,lighting,soil conditions and submit a photo
  • Marcie

Do you want to start with flower gardening or veggie/herb gardening? Actually, one of the easiest ways to begin gardening is in pots. You can do both kinds of gardens in pots, and they are easy to maintain and you get quick results. You also gain a bit of experience and confidence starting small. Use good dirt, whatever you do, as plants are only as good as the dirt they are in. Have fun!
  • Nancy Turner

I agree with Marci. Start small. The first thing I ever planted was daisies around one tree in our front yard and marigolds around the other tree. This was back in the mid eighties. I planted a vegetable garden the next year, added two cucumber patches and a two row twenty foot corn patch the next year. I have since then, no matter where I was living, planted and added each year. I found that I love planting and taking care of them, be they veggies or flowers. It can be very relaxing to lose yourself with playing in the dirt. I am simplistic in how I garden, you don't have to get fancy!