How can I get rid of squirrels?

MarleyGMANancy TurnerPatty Anderson
+2

• Kathy

I had a dog and cat but the squirrels drove them crazy 😜 I've used pepper sauce mixed with water in my sprayer on my plants. It seems to keep them at bay so far.
  • Shoshana

Crush hot peppers and lay that around to keep the squirrels away.
  • Patty Anderson

When all else fails, a pellet rifle and a slow cooker with cream of mushroom.
  • Nancy Turner

I have two barrel planters that the squirrels loved to dig in and even eat bulbs. My hubby put peanut butter on a mouse trap as bait and put it in one of the planters. The next morning it was tripped but no sign of a squirrel except for teeth marks in the peanut butter. We have seen no sign of squirrels in either planter since then.
  • MarleyGMA

Another suggestion that works on squirrels and other rodents is to plant peppermint near your trash or garden areas. What I've done is small pots of peppermint near my garden and trash area. Something about the scent of peppermint deters them. Peppermint can be invasive, that's why I suggest pots. I have it in the ground near the base of my stairs and constantly have to rip it out.