Lenora wilson
Lenora wilson
  • Hometalk Helper
  • La Follette, TN

How is the best way to keep wood bees from boring holes in your house?

CarolJanetLenora wilson
+2

We have wood siding and a wooden deck. We seem to be having more trouble out of the bees each year. Help!
  • Judy

I would ask at a store, for I did spray some bee/wasp spray on the hole, and area, and they did not bother that area, again. So, you may want to check into this. Or, get a book, or look into google about this., or ask at a store who is working in a store in the dept of bug problems. Best wishes. Judy.
  • Lenora wilson

Thanks for the help. I'll try the suggestions and see which one works the best.
  • Janet

I cut scrap 2x4's about 3" and use 3 and drill holes in center to run wire thru the center and hang where the bees are. I also hang a couple about 10 feet from our deck .They always seem to migrate to the wood I have cut. I always fill the hole by putting 000 steel wool followed by some silicone discourages them from coming back and protects from water damage.
  • Carol

Keep your wood siding painted.