Morning sun what plants would work best on balcony?

+9
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 24, 2017
    Morning sun could be great for fuchsias!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 24, 2017
    New guinea impatients,non-stop begonia,caladium,wishbone flower,coleus
  • Sherry Sherry on May 24, 2017
    BEGONIAS LOVE MORNING SUN AND AFTERNOON SHADE.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 24, 2017
    What is surrounding your balcony. If the edges are sturdy you can plant begonias in window boxes, they would look gorgeous edging it. Use bright colors, we used the brilliant red and bright yellow together. That added a brilliant pop of color to a drab looking fence between our garage and the neighbors fence. She agreed to this, since it was her fence, but she can see them as we put them at the top of the fence.
  • Anna Anna on May 24, 2017
    I'm a big fan of Begonia's. They bloom all summer until the first hard frost.
  • Catherine Emery Catherine Emery on May 24, 2017
    Thank you, I like Begonia's.
    Thank you with these choices my pots should look nice and colourful

what a great idea. thank you.

• V Valencia V Valencia on May 24, 2017
    First identify your USDA Plant Hardiness Zone here http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/ Once you know your zone, then you can find plants that fits your zone. I think you would go with "partial shade" plants. You can also go to your local nursery and ask for suggestions.
  • Elaine Elaine on May 24, 2017
    I have morning sun and adore graceful ferns - Boston and Asparagus, to name two. Begonias are good and shade loving Impatiens, plus Hostas, Bleeding Hearts (but they only bloom in the Spring).
    thank you
    Thank you to all who replied to my question, I now have lots of choices, will shop tomorrow for my plants.